Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Because He Would Never Leave Me


I could never leave because, through the Holy Ghost, I have a testimony that God lives and that His Son, Jesus Christ, is my Savior and Redeemer. I am blessed that my Heavenly Father gave me a guide.  Because of this guide, I can overcome the confusion of this life and find happiness in the simple truths that let me know He has a plan for me. I know that the scriptures are true; They teach me who my Savior is and how I can be more like Him. I know that God has blessed us from the very beginning with prophets to guide us back to Him. That is no different now; He loves us enough to continue guiding us in the same way He always has.

I know that God knows and loves me enough to give me the guidance I need in this unsettling world. I know that He loves me because I have felt His love and reassuring guidance as I have tried to live the way He would have me live.
I could never leave because I have a testimony of the eternal nature of families. The most wonderful thing we can experience in life is to share it with the ones we love -- the ones we would do anything for. I know that our families are a gift from our Heavenly Father -- and a gift that we need not lose when this life is over. My Heavenly Father made it possible for every one of His children to be bound eternally to the ones they love most. Because He wants us to be happy, He makes that which brings us the most joy last forever.

I know that God lives. Everything He does is for my benefit and that of the ones I love. I know that He continues to guide me. I know that Jesus Christ took upon Himself every sin and heartache I could ever suffer in this mortal life. This is God’s plan; and I am blessed to know it. 

I could never leave because I know He would never leave me. And someday I will return to Him to live in eternal happiness with those who make life worth living.








Jeff is my husband. I love him.

No comments: